The two over-arching types of sales strategies are inbound vs outbound sales strategy.
As the names imply:
- INBOUND strategies are those for prospects that have found you and are coming into your business on their own. These prospects are further along in their journey to make a purchase.
- OUTBOUND strategies are for those prospects that YOU go FIND in a “cold outreach” or otherwise campaign. These prospects are not as far along the buyer’s journey, and can sometimes not even be aware they need/want the solution you provide.
Outbound Sales Strategies are typically more difficult for a small business to get to work. Here is an outbound sales strategy outline you can use to help you create your own outbound sales process and strategy:
- Start by creating your target audience, or your avatar by understanding the demographics and psychographics of the customer that can REALLY benefit from your offering.
- Design a step-by-step campaign process with enticing, well-worded messaging.
- Pro tip – this is NOT a bunch of emails… get creative in reaching your audience and select 3-5 different channels at a minimum to get their attention. Chances are they won’t even glance at your offering until the 7th attempt. STAND OUT!!!!!
- At every single interaction, make sure you are providing value, and not just asking for a sale. Give them something if you expect anything in return.
- Make sure you have CTAs (call-to-action) that allow your prospects to make super easy micro-commitments
- These allow you to build trust, and get you to know and like you!
- After 1-3 micro-commitments, begin the sales process and ask for a sale.
To speak with a coach about designing your inbound sales vs. outbound sales strategy, click the button below
Schedule Your Intro Call Now
#outboundsalesstrategy #salesstrategy #outboundsales #outboundsalesprocess