Today I want to answer a question that we get asked quite often, which is how do I go about scaling my business?
We often talk with business owners who want to grow their company but don’t really know where to start.
We use that exercise that’s fairly simple, but can be very profound if you’ve never done it. It can highlight where there is the highest potential for scalability in your business.
Here is the exercise:
- List all the services you currently provide. Add any services that you could fairly easily add to your business.
- On a scale from 1 – 10 (highest) rate these services on the following three criteria.
- How teachable and trainable is this service?
- How valuable and unique is it compared to what else already exists in the marketplace.
- How often will customers buy this service from you?
- Look at the service that has the highest score. That’s usually a good point to start and see if you could create a recurring revenue model around this service.
If you would like to talk to us about how to scale your business and go into a little more depth around this conversation, then we’d be happy to talk to you.